- Jigsaw is one of six EmergeVest-backed companies forming EV Cargo
- EV Cargo is a £850 million business focused on intersection of logistics and technology
- Cargo-centric model delivers mission-critical supply chain services
- Business will manage supply chains for world’s leading brands.
The UK’s leading provider of 4PL managed transport solutions Jigsaw is one of six premier logistics companies which have joined forces to form EV Cargo.
Created by private equity investor EmergeVest, and with £850 million of revenue, EV Cargo is the largest privately-owned logistics business in the UK, providing mission-critical supply chain services to a portfolio of leading brands. EV Cargo is one of the UK’s largest providers of transport, logistics and freight forwarding services and logistics technology – created by consolidation of Adjuno, Allport Cargo Services, CM Downton, Jigsaw, NFT and Palletforce into a corporate structure under a new single brand. All six companies are part of a platform of British logistics firms operated by global investment company EmergeVest.
Individually, the six companies are acknowledged experts in their respective fields with deep logistics heritage, strong recognition and market goodwill. Each will retain its own identity and continue to manage supply chains for the world’s leading brands.
EV Cargo includes four main operating segments: Express, Global Forwarding, Logistics and Technology. Operating under the group structure, EV Cargo will adopt a cargo-centric approach, focussing on customer needs across the entire supply chain by bringing together the best people, processes, technology and networks. Championing innovation and sustainability, EV Cargo will maximise opportunities for efficiency and growth across existing and new markets. Continued investment across the network will fuel growth, drive acquisitions and ensure EV Cargo is powered by the best technology.
A key benefit of the increased scale of EV Cargo will be new opportunities for employees with enhanced career development paths across the group. Andy Humpherson, Jigsaw managing director, said: “Being part of EV Cargo will give Jigsaw considerable strength to offer an enhanced range of new and integrated services to our customers. The partnership, and working alongside the other five companies, will provide Jigsaw with unique opportunities for growth and allow us to drive customer service even further.”
Heath Zarin, EV Cargo chief executive, said: “We are excited to announce the creation of EV Cargo, bringing together our UK logistics and technology platform into a unified £850 million corporate structure. EV Cargo will continue our existing strategy of delivering mission-critical supply chain services powered by people, technology, innovation and sustainability. By working closer together and creating additional capabilities, we will provide new and existing customers with access to a wider range of leading-edge integrated solutions.”
Media Contact For further information please contact Really Clever PR: firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 7872 470115.
EV CARGO OVERVIEW
- A core asset-based UK logistics network totalling 9 million sq ft of warehousing space and 20,000 trucks
- A team of 5,000 UK based logistics professionals including 2,200 truck drivers
- 175 UK operating centres and 18 overseas operations
- An asset-light and technology-enabled global pallet delivery network comprising over 100 members
- A multi-temperature 4PL freight-management service in the UK underpinned by 200 partner carriers
- International supply chain management service powered by industry leading systems
- International logistics operations managing c 200,000 TEU of sea-freight and c 60 million kg of airfreight
- Multi-temperature storage and handling capability including hanging garments
- Pallet, case and item level order fulfilment capability for B2B and B2C channels.
THE COMPANIES INVOLVED
Adjuno provides cutting-edge B2B cloud software solutions and supply chain management software that unites trading communities in the retail and consumer product industries.
Allport Cargo Services is one of the UK’s largest freight forwarders with a global network and deep expertise in retail supply chain.
CM Downton is one of the UK’s leading providers of ambient contract logistics services on behalf of many large-scale manufacturers across a range of industry sectors.
Jigsaw is one of the UK’s market leaders in 4PL managed transport solutions through a network of partner hauliers.
NFT is the UK’s leading provider of temperature-controlled logistics services for fresh foods on behalf of manufacturers and retailers.
Palletforce is the UK’s leading palletised distribution network consisting of a 100-strong membership of independent hauliers, based at the SuperHub in Burton upon Trent.
EmergeVest is a Hong Kong-based international private equity investor with expertise in investing in international supply chain businesses. It has more than $450 million in committed capital and its financial and legal expertise, combined with hands-on knowledge of the logistics sector, has helped its portfolio businesses grow to the next level as part of a worldwide network of operations.